Banking and Financial System Reform
Development of financial markets, financial institutions and financial instruments is an essential ingredient for economic growth and prosperity. Developing countries need to create and encourage a financial system which would facilitate economic efficiency, mobilization of savings, promotion of entrepreneurship, and expansion of private sector activities. We have a valuable reservoir of qualified and experienced professionals to provide effective and sustainable services in banking sector reform.
Our services include:
- Assisting in upgrading credit policies and procedures.
- Reviewing the operating policies and procedures to improve transparency and checks and balances.
- Identifying areas where costs can be cut, staff can be retrenched, branches can be closed or rationalized, and non-performing loans can be reduced.
- Stabilizing the Bank and restoring its financial health to an acceptable level.
- Developing policies and procedures for treasury operations including front-office operations (foreign exchange trading, money market trading, debt trading and derivatives trading), middle office operations (risk management, monitoring, control and reporting including asset/liability management), and back office operations (accounting, settlement, and legal documentation).